We checked in at First House Hotel during our 3 day stay in Bangkok.
The hotel location in the central of Bangkok' main shopping areas pratunam wholesale market Shopping area at your feet , Platinum Shopping mall , MBK , Siam Paragon , Siam Square , Platinum and Pantip Plaza within 10 minutes walk of the hotel and 20 minutes walk to BTS and 10 minutes Airport Rail Link is the fastest most convenient transport link between the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and the Bangkok inner city. – http://www.firsthousebkk.com
So I’ll start this with the positive ones:
- The location is there advantage. It’s located in the center of shopping malls/market. If one of your purposes in going to BKK is to shop for low priced goods, FH can be one of the hotels you can consider.
- There front desk staffs are welcoming and easy to talk with. Language barrier is one of the problems in BKK, but I can see the staffs are trying their best in communicating and understanding what the guests want.
- The rooms are clean. No cockroach/insects or bad smelling bed sheets. Hot and cold shower is working. Though the entirety looks old and need a revamp, I’m not demanding and choosy so the room can be regarded as acceptable. (The space and power outlets would be another. =))
The not-so-positive things I noticed while were there:
- On our first day, the bell boys helped in putting down our baggage so after checking in we went up to our room, all the while believing that they will bring up our baggage because they placed it in their pushcart. After a couple of minutes, we went down just to see it was just left on the side so we just brought it up ourselves. Thanks a lot for the help?
- The room was ok but more space won’t hurt. I heard there’s an ongoing renovation so I think that’s the one they are showing in their website. Plus they only have two extra power outlets. Hassle on charging your gadgets. We just plugged out the tv to make use of an extra outlet.
- NO FREE WIFI. They charge 100baht to access their wifi for an hour(cumulative). Ahmm..seriously?
So to sum it up, it’s good enough for you to rest on after a long day of shopping. It’s suitable for those who want to have access on the main shopping malls/market in BKK. But perhaps, they should really consider offering free wifi. As in. lol. XD