Sunday, September 11, 2011

Musicality


This past few days I've been into musical movies. First on the list is, "Lemonade Mouth", a Disney movie which I just heard and copied from my friend's laptop (I already got my hard drive filled with dozens of movie which I don't even  know when I can finish watching. haha!). It's about five highschool students who have each of their own issues in life.

The story:
It started in a one normal day where they each got detention slips. This detention slips was the key for them to meet each other for the first time in the basement where detention hall is, together with other non-sports related clubs. Then after some moment while they were cleaning stuffs for detention, they got into beat and suddenly realized they can jive into music. The teacher who’s in charge of them, and who is incidentally a former music club head, heard it and thought that it would great if they'd form a band and let the school's director realize that there's more than sports and cheerleading that matters. But they all think it's not their interest not until Stella, a girl with angst who’s into freedom of speech and equality, who forced everyone to give the idea of a "band" a chance. And then after realizing they got it, a nobody like them in the past started to become a somebody.

This movie made me miss highschool, back with my bandmates. I think that's one of the best things I had in highschool. Anything about music interests me; it's like something I'll be living with, in my whole life. Hehe. It's kilig whenever I see the characters in movies snap their fingers and tap in a beat then in a sudden they would be starting to sing and make music. So gooooood. FUN. =]


I have also just recently seen the movie adaptation of the well known Broadway musical, Rent. I got more interested to it when my friend gave me a background about it plus how it became a tribute for Jonathan Larson (who died of an aortic aneurysm before the movie went out on the cinemas). And I never knew, not till now, that one of my all time favorite song "Seasons of Love" became famous because of this movie. Hindi ako informed. Haha! And another good thing about the movie was that 6 out of 8 original cast member went back to do the lead roles. Cool! Dedicated talaga sila. I super enjoyed every song number. I wonder how it's like when someone suddenly breaks into a song while riding the MRT. Haha! It didn't bore me that much even though some of the songs were too long and the setting was a bit dark. It's a good eye opener flick because it tackled a lot of social issues, mostly from the 80's. Too bad I have to forward some scenes because I still have classes that day.

Next on my list would be reality shows like "Platinum Hit" and "The Voice" (I'm starting to have a HUGE crush on Adam Levine. haha!) But not until I get a time for those. October please be near, gusto ko na ng sembreak! XD

*googled photos. ctto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Ideas? Suggestion? Let's talk! :)