Saturday, January 14, 2012

Graham Sansrival + Philippine Hunger Games


1st post of the year would be about... FOOD. Hehe. Can't help it. I was planning to put up a year ender post but I have a terrible memory. I suck at remembering things but maybe if I get to gather up everything I might do a late post for that. Besides, 2011 had been a great year for me. I'm super blessed and I had so many things to be thankful for!

Going back to food talk. Awhile ago I suddenly got bored and thought of "feeling expert" for a day again. Haha! I had long been planning to make this Graham Sansrival Cake which I should have already done last Christmas if only my parents didn't keep buying multiple cakes. It seems like they just don't want me to do this. Grr. Lol. So I finally found the interest again to do this before my mother could finish up the cashew nuts I will be using.

Graham Sansrival

Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup margarine
• 1 1/4 cup powdered/confectionery sugar
• 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
• Graham crackers
• chopped cashew nuts

1st step: Melt the butter and margarine and mix it well until smooth (1/2 cup is approx. half of the bar). Then add the sugar and vanilla extract and blend it until it looks creamy and fluffy. Also mix in some cashew nuts after.



2nd step*:  Put the base cracker in place and spread a thick amount of butter cream on top. Do this two more time to make three layers. Spread some more on the sides after. Then finish it off with a sprinkle of chopped cashew nuts on top. Chill for 30 mins.

*the original instruction was to build it topside down but because I always question things like this, I did it my own way. Hehe

** I only did half of the measurements and I got 2 and a half 3-layer cake. So if you'll follow the recipe above, you'll have more or less 5 cakes. It depends on how thick you spread it.

And here's the end product!


Disclaimer: And again, I only got the recipe from the box of Grahams so credits to them for making it easy for people like me. Haha! And one more thing, it's not really in my plan to turn this into a food blog. But I can't resist whipping out my magic. LOL. #noob


PS. This so out of topic. But if in case you're a Hunger Games fan and you live in the Philippines! Where it's more fun! =] sign up now on the Capitol and volunteer as a Tribute for the 1st-ever upcoming Philippine Hunger Games on Feb. 12, 2012. Plus the Tracker Jacker: The Ultimate Hunger Games Scavenger Hunt. Just tweet "#iVolunteer as HGP Tribute!" and fill up the form. The reaping would happen on Jan. 21,2012 @ 9pm so be sure to register before that day. More details here. May the odds be ever in your favor Pinoy Tributes!


Follow Hunger Games Philippines!



PSS. I got a "new" shoutbox right there in my sidebar. My old shoutbox provider just recently went in serious business so goodbye for freeloaders like me. err. So if you'll notice my box already got some msgs from 2011. I signed up for a new one from some site I already used from the past, but the code given to me (I think) was the same from the ones I used in my previous blog(s) so maybe that's why it showed up some past msgs. Anyway, kunwari meron pumapansin sa shoutbox ko so may announcement pa talaga ako. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Ideas? Suggestion? Let's talk! :)